May is here!! I LOVE the month of May! Montana really starts to blossom in May and this helps me get over the "winter blues!" Not to mention, almost all our familes "special days" are in May!
On the 2nd, my amazing hubby turned 26...such a BABY! Just kidding babe ;) We went out to dinner with Shelly and Dennis BABY FREE and had a few drinks. It was a very nice day! For his birthday, my Ryan got a second fish tank. For those of you who aren't aware of his passion, he is obsessed with aquariums! This is a salt water tank and we recently bought a few fish for it! They are 2 clown fish which I named Jack and Rooster. They are cute and it's pretty fun to watch Ryan light up when he talks about his fishies. Ethan also LOVES the tank and wants to take everyone to show them "his" tank!
This is before his new improvements with lighting
This is Jack :)
This is one of the effects with the new lighting
Our next exciting event this May was Ethan's first friend birthday party! His best friend from daycare had a birthday party and Ethan was more than excited to attend! We went to buy him a gift and Ethan was overjoyed to get his friend something GREAT! He had an absolute blast and has thanked me everyday since for taking him to the party! If only it was that easy to please everyone in life :)
On May 11th, my sweet big boy turns 3. I just cannot believe that he is so big! We had his 3 year checkup and the doctor was talking to me about SCHOOL! OH MY GOSH! I can't even go there in my brain! He can't go to school yet, he's still my baby! He's not much of a baby though, he is 36 pounds, 39 1/8 inches and in the 90th percentile for weight and height in boys his age! He knows almost all his colors, shapes, and occasionally throws out words like "although" and "actually"! He is just growing way too fast! He remembers words to songs and sings lots and has recently been "reading" to daddy at night. After reading a book once or twice he can go through the pages and tell you the story! With the books we read often, he reads them word for word from memory!
He loves to play his guitar and started using a toy for a pick! He also LOVES grandpa's drums and hopped up on the stool last time we were there for his own impromptu jam session! He is a musical one...I think I'd rather the guitar than the drums but grandpa says he can do both ;)
Ryan and I celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary on the 25th. So hard to believe we've been married that long! In August, we will have been together 10 years! Seems like forever (in a good way!). Here's a few pictures over the years for your laughing pleasure...
![]() |
| Our younger and THINNER days-2002 |
![]() |
| Our first ski trip...can you see the terror in my eyes?-2002 |
![]() |
| Our 3 year dating anniversary-2005 |
![]() |
| Our awesome wedding!-2007 |
| Our first camping trip-2010 |





Aw...thanks for the update, Crystal! such cute pictures. I love the way you write...very much like me. I think Ethan gets his singing ability from his Aunt Danette, too! Hahaha! I sure hope you guys can come for a visit sometime! ;-)
ReplyDelete